This is the front of the house (yup, ‘I love what you did with the front of it in the 1970’s darling’) however the glorious roses make up for the entombed timber frame. This is just outside the front door where I linger during the morning, a variety of gardening tools in my hands in case anyone should spot me, then suddenly I become a hive of activity, arms brandishing…March 25, 2020
This was an old stable block that proved to be a wonderful storage unit for all our rubbish (bikes, scooters, things with wheels from when the children were toddlers that became indiscernible ‘objets’, boxes of old clothes, boxes of indeterminate ‘things’ and gardening equipment). My son has ridden since he was quite small but two years ago his passion for horses escalated so we knew it was time to convert…March 25, 2020
A weekly guide to growing your own flowers I have met many wonderful people in the magical world of Instagram and I shall be calling upon lots of them to help with this blog over the next few months. I thought I would start with Karen (@flowersandlifestylebymargot) who not only has a stunning garden but it also a florist and will be starting her own cutting garden. Last year I…March 23, 2020
Hi, welcome to My English Country Cottage, a blog inspired by my successful Instagram page.
I have been writing about our family life in our 400 year old thatched cottage in the middle of nowhere (delivery drivers words) for just over a year and am now braving the world of 'blog'.
I have spent the past seven years making our house a home and have put my experiences into writing about cosy country interiors filled with florals, old books, roaring fires, oak beams and squashy sofas.
- Are You Sitting Comfortably August Suggested Summer reads
- Are You Sitting Comfortably Sisterhood suggested further reading with
- Are You Sitting Comfortably? Summer reads (Sisterhood) with Fable England
- If you liked this….Family Sagas further suggested reads
- Are You Sitting Comfortably – Family Sagas
Daily Instagram Blog
Click the photo to read.
- Are You Sitting Comfortably? (13)
- Country Cottage Creatives Interviews (3)
- Home County Candle Company (1)
- How To Create A Cutting Garden (67)
- Interior Design projects (2)
- Our Home (6)
- Pantry Recipes (20)
- Period Living May 2020 (2)
- Styling Inspiration (13)
- Their English Country Cottages (32)
- Uncategorized (6)
- What Makes an English Country Cottage? (20)