Kate moved into this stunning building in Hertfordshire two and a half years ago. When she first viewed the property it had been empty for a long time and the previous tenants had left this beautiful old converted pub in a hideous mess. When I viewed the property It smelled so appalling that I kept having to pop outside to take in clean air! Kate – @myoldpub Kitchen doors were…December 26, 2021
We were lucky enough to be invited into the stunning home of VV Raven . Not only a truly beautiful cottage but also practically on my doorstep so no terrifyingly long night driving for me – although I did manage to get lost on the way home thereby doubling the journey time!!! Jo and her husband Peter run VV Raven – an eclectic mix of amazing floristry and vintage clothing…December 22, 2021
My goodness, Christmas takes magazine shoots to a whole new level of styling and creativity! I remember last year when Naomi (Jones Homes) and Rob (Sanderson) came to photograph my cottage, I had to put so much more work into getting it ready than the previous summer shoot for Period Living magazine. One has to clean, tidy (hide most of life’s rich tapestry), probably repaint the hallway to cover the…December 19, 2021
By Lucy Hoyle I couldn’t contain my excitement when the fabulous Rebecca of My English Country Cottage fame, (who until now had been my Pilates friend, exchanging grimaces as we were encouraged to stretch our bodies into bizarre positions) asked me to make some Christmas canapés for an actual real life photo shoot at her magical home. I immediately got to work looking at my canapé menu and working out…December 17, 2021
Last year I worked with the fabulous Sitting Spiritually team who make the most beautiful swings and swingseats from their family run business in gorgeous Lyme Regis. They got back in touch to see if I would be interested in taking part in their “Have a Seat with…” series. Given the extraordinary gardeners that they have interviewed, I felt impelled to gently explain that my gardening prowess extends to lobbing…December 11, 2021
Hi, welcome to My English Country Cottage, a blog inspired by my successful Instagram page.
I have been writing about our family life in our 400 year old thatched cottage in the middle of nowhere (delivery drivers words) for just over a year and am now braving the world of 'blog'.
I have spent the past seven years making our house a home and have put my experiences into writing about cosy country interiors filled with florals, old books, roaring fires, oak beams and squashy sofas.
- If you liked this….Rebecca Fletcher’s picks for further Love and Friendship novels
- Are You Sitting Comfortably – Books on Love and Friendship- with Victoria Eggs Jubilee Collection-
- If you liked this….Rebecca Fletcher’s picks for further Rural Landscape novels
- Are You Sitting Comfortably? With Gone to Seed – Rural Landscapes
- If you liked this….Rebecca Fletcher’s picks for further Crime Novel exploration
Daily Instagram Blog
Click the photo to read.
- Are You Sitting Comfortably? (8)
- Country Cottage Creatives Interviews (3)
- Home County Candle Company (1)
- How To Create A Cutting Garden (67)
- Interior Design projects (2)
- Our Home (6)
- Pantry Recipes (20)
- Period Living May 2020 (2)
- Styling Inspiration (13)
- Their English Country Cottages (32)
- Uncategorized (6)
- What Makes an English Country Cottage? (20)